October Market Report Shows First Positive Signs

A review of BLC® listing service market data reveals that 6,929 homes sold in the three-month period ending in October, 2009. That represents a 2 percent increase from the same three-month period in 2008 – the first positive increase since MIBOR began tracking by rolling quarters in February of 2008. Sales price, both average and median were also encouraging, with average sales price up 1 percent and median up 2 percent. Total sales volume for the market was up 3 percent. New listings decreased 6 percent putting the average months of supply at 8.3 – down from last year’s 9.9.

The one-month numbers for October were even more dramatic with October 2009 home sales increasing 26 percent over October 2008. Average sales price for October only was flat and median decreased by a percent.

In total, these data sets are intended to be a snapshot of the market, providing information down to a county level in some cases. The data was pulled from the BLC® listing service on November 21. These reports are also intended to be for member use only; data of this detail is not distributed by MIBOR to the media or the general public.

To download the quarterly report, click here. A one-page report of October only comparisons is also available. Click here to download the October only data. Please note, due to the length of the reports, it may take a few minutes to download. If you have questions regarding the data, please click here.

 
2009 MIBOR, 1912 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46202 317-956-1912 http://www.mibor.com/